pkg reclaim and versions check

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Dec 27 00:19:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

how can I be sure that reclaim doesn't remove stuff that I actually
need? Fine removing older inactive versions, but not the current active
one (except, perhaps, if it was installed as a no-longer needed
depdendency).
I ask, because once it happened to loose half of my ports! So I checked.

Right now it tells me, e.g.:

--->  Checking for unnecessary unrequested ports
Unrequested ports without requested dependents found:
  clang-3.4  @3.4.2_12+analyzer
  clang-5.0  @5.0.2_2+analyzer+libstdcxx
  clang-5.0  @5.0.2_3+analyzer+emulated_tls+libstdcxx
<... etc>

but if I check:

port installed clang-5.0
   clang-5.0 @5.0.2_2+analyzer+libstdcxx
   clang-5.0 @5.0.2_3+analyzer+emulated_tls+libstdcxx (active)

port installed clang-3.4
   clang-3.4 @3.4.2_12+analyzer (active)

Wouldn't reclaim remove also the current active port?

Riccardo