QGIS and GRASS 7.4.0

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Feb 16 20:05:33 UTC 2018

On 16 Feb 2018, at 10:52 (-0500), Ken Mankoff wrote:

> I just upgrade GRASS from 7.2.2_0 to 7.4.0 and now it no longer works
> with
> QGIS. I tried removing both and re-installing cleanly, and it still
> does
> not work. I'm fairly new to MacPorts so I'm not sure if this is a
> legitimate bug or user error, but wonder if anyone has the two working
> together, and/or advice on what to do after the clean install.

It looks like the QGIS port needs an update.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qgis/QGIS/final-2_18_16/ChangeLog
indicates that 2.18.14 (the current port version) was released
2017-10-27 but grass74 support didn't get done until 2017-11-18.

I have found that opening tickets for updates to existing ports is
useful for getting updates done.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org