lowdown not helped by snowleopardfixes

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:31:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-21, at 11:31 AM, Jan Stary wrote:

> Hm, doesn't the PortGroup add its stuff to LDFLAGS and LDADD
> (and whatever else) _after_ the port has done its configure?

not usually. eg. this portgroup adds:

configure.ldflags-append -lsnowleopardfixes

> I am probably missing something fundamental about how the PortGroups
> actually work.

They can be thought of as #include files for Portfile tcl code, exactly as if the code had been typed into the Portfile.

> Is there a place on the documentation where I shoud
> start reading? I don't think I saw it in the Guide.

They change rather frequently, and so the best documentation is in the actual portgroup tcl file.