distfile downloads failing on https

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Feb 21 21:05:41 UTC 2018

Hi Jan,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 08:14:13PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> If I am reading
> https://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.phases.html right, there
> is are no "fetch dependencies". Would it make sense to introduce fetch
> dependencies just like we have build dependencies and run
> dependencies, so that the affected ports could specify e.g. curl, and
> MP vuld use _that_ for those ports?

That's basically https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51516#comment:21. See
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51516#comment:22 for a partial response
to that.

MacPorts does not use the curl command to download files, it uses the
libcurl library. We cannot simply switch to a different libcurl library,
and reimplementing the code in pextlib1.0/curl.c to use the curl command
line is a huge effort for little gain.

--
Clemens