Macports and launchd

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jan 2 18:01:40 UTC 2018

I keep seeing things like the below in my system.log, and it's annoying:

     Jan  3 04:47:43 ozzie com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.lighttpd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
     Jan  3 04:47:44 ozzie com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.ntp): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

I don't recall installing "lighttpd" (whatever that is), but I use "ntpd"
to sync with my FreeBSD server which will shortly be GPS-locked; the
default Apple servers are on the other side of the world, and I'm a bit of
a locavore.

What do I need to do to shut 'em up?  Note that my knowledge of "launchd"
(some sort of a replacement for /etc/inetd?) is limited to knowing how to
spell it...