trace mode by default

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:42:06 UTC 2018

On 8 Jan 2018, at 21:27, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
> Note that some ports (e.g. Go) do not build in trace mode, though.

I gave it a try just to see where it would stop or what clues would I get in the logs and it didn't even extract, although from a glimpse into porttrace.tcl the program used (AFAIR) should have been in the allowed system directories. Then extracted manually and continued only to stop on a script that seemingly run tools from allowed directories.

Would you mind roughly defining trace mode since it's not documented in the manpages nor in the guide?