10.13.2 supplemental update & root account

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Tue Jan 16 09:13:14 UTC 2018

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Using the root account is not recommended; you should use an admin account instead.
>
> If you must use the root account, and you have no admin account with which to enable it the normal way, you can apparently enable it in single user mode:
>
> http://sachinparmarblog.com/enable-root-user-password-in-single-user-mode/

The issue is not whether or not I'm using the root account or not ;
neither how and why I'm using it on my boxes - that's purely my own
business ; and -frankly- please stay out of that !

So far, none of you have netiher referenced or nor commented on the
_REAL_ issue which is Apple de-activating the root account in a
supplementary update when they -in my opinion- shouldn't do that :-(

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa