Ethereum

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jan 17 10:11:09 UTC 2018

On 17 January 2018 at 08:09, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet)
via macports-users wrote:
> Am 17. Januar 2018 03:45:22 MEZ schrieb Terry Barnum <terrydop at gmail.com>:
>>(eth) with "brew install ethereum". I couldn't find geth, eth or
>>ethereum in macports. Any plans to add these?
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding.
>
> Macports contributions / ports usually come from the community - i.e. the developers or maintainers of a software or even thirds as users.
>
> You are free to write a port and send it up to the macports system. If these meet the minimum specs it should be accepted in the ports tree. See the macport docs for details.

To make it clear, it's perfectly OK if unexperienced users request new
ports. This may count as such a request. But there's a much higher
probability that any package/port will end up in MacPorts if you try
to write it yourself and ask for assistance while doing so. IRC might
be slightly more efficient for communication, but macports-development
list should work as well.

The sources for HomeBrew are probably here:
    https://github.com/ethereum/homebrew-ethereum

Mojca