binary packages for 10.5.8

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Wed Jan 17 17:42:32 UTC 2018

Off topic :)

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> To get reasonable performance out of these machines I always max out
> the Ram (cheap cheap cheap on Ebay) and in most of them, flip in an SSD.

I tried outting a SSD in mine, but it run hiccups... so I bought a new
spinning rust HD and that one works fine. Still a performance gain and
also, plenty of space to build all those packages on 10.5 since there
are no binaries :) So it is a lot of hit and miss with SSD and
controllers.... especially on older machines which do not get any longer
BIOS upgrades.
In my case the disk was especially recommended by crucial for my Mac,
but sometimes it just almost froze the computer requiring a reboot...
super-slow. Either after high usage (swap) or sleep.
Put in aMacBook Pro which has the *same* SATA controller, but surely
different firmware, OS, etc.. it works.

I just leave it overnight and I usually get the package installed.

Riccardo