Installing Octave on Snow Leo

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 03:24:08 UTC 2018

I am trying to install Octave on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Running sudo port install octave the first time (after selfupdate) updates a bunch of already installed deps. It then chokes on installing something called netpbm.

Futzing around a little but not getting anywhere. Finally I do a port clean octave followed by another try to install.

This time nothing seems to get installed but it dies again on netpbm. Trying to read the log but cannot make heads and tails of it.

Maybe someone else can tell me what I may do differently? Zipped logfile is attached

Thanks in advance,

Uli