gcc49 fails to build

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Jun 4 21:05:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> I won't include the entire log (yet), as I'm sure that I'm not the only
>> one.  What I certainly do *not* want, however, is to rebuild GCC, so I
>> consider this to be a blessing in disguise :-)
>
> We can't guess what the problem is. Please file a bug report and attach
> the compressed main.log.

I like to make sure that I'm not duplicating a bug report -- how do *you*
go bug-hunting? -- but OK, one hidously-long filename "main.log.gz"
attached...

In the meantime, you seem to have missed the other part of my message,
viz: how do I *not* recompile GCC?  That will bring this old MacBook to
its knees, and I have better things to do with it than have character echo
times measured in seconds...

-- Dave