gcc49 fails to build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 5 00:10:56 UTC 2018

On Jun 4, 2018, at 03:42, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 4 June 2018 at 05:36, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>> --->  Building gcc49
>> Error: Failed to build gcc49: command execution failed
>> Error: See
>> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc49/gcc49/main.log
>> for details.
>> Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding gcc49
>>
>> I won't include the entire log (yet), as I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
>> What I certainly do *not* want, however, is to rebuild GCC, so I consider
>> this to be a blessing in disguise :-)
>
> To me this looks like the macports-libstdc++ issue that was solved in
> MacPorts 2.5.1.

Why do you suspect that?

The only change in MacPorts 2.5.0 is that it keeps track of which C++ standard library ports are using. 2.5.0 neglected to notice a few cases where it was possible to infer which C++ library was used when the port did not specify it. That's fixed in 2.5.1. So 2.5.1 might not consider gcc49 to be broken and to need a reinstall.

However nothing in 2.5.0 or 2.5.1 should have broken the compilation of gcc, so the build failure has a different cause.