gcc49 fails to build

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jun 11 09:20:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-11 06:39, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>
>> Dave, I would be tempted to uninstall gcc49 and just see what happens.
>> I don't think you need it.
>
> OK, with trepidation:
>
>     ozzie:~ dave# port uninstall gcc49
>     --->  Deactivating gcc49 @4.9.4_2
>     --->  Cleaning gcc49
>     --->  Uninstalling gcc49 @4.9.4_2
>     --->  Cleaning gcc49
>
> Well, nothing seemed to have depended upon it, but I guess I'll find out
> when I run my regular weekly check :-)

As gcc49 would usually only be necessary for building, that would be
expected. You can always remove pure build dependencies without breaking
any installed ports. However, they might be reinstalled again on the
next upgrade if they are still required.

> Q: Shouldn't old stuff be cleaned out for me?  Or do I have to keep
> track of them myself?
Unrequested ports without dependents can be removed with the command
'sudo port reclaim' which should be used regularly.

Rainer