gnucash not finding dbus

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 21:57:54 UTC 2018

gnucash is saying
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

but when I try to start dbus—session I get
/opt/local/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist: service already loaded

so why isn’t gnucash seeing it?  Gnucash actually opens its main window as if it were in fact running properly (X11 got started).  All my preferences for what accounts should be open were ignored the first time this occurred but have showed since as I continue to try to get it to behave. The font size I’d reset using .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash is ignored every time.

Have I done something weird in my system or is this a bug in a recent update?
Thanks,
Lenore