Doing my weekly "port -u uninstall", and...

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jun 19 00:35:19 UTC 2018

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, Dave Horsfall wrote:

>> Unfortunately I can't explain why you're encountering this error.
>
> And neither can I find a log file, otherwise I would've attached it...
>
> Yesterday was supposed to have been my "port selfupdate" day, but I was too
> busy with some electronics projects, so let's if that fixes it...

Still fails with the same error (and no mention of a logfile); what can I
do to assist in repairing this defect?

Output:

ozzie:~ dave# port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.5.2 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.5.2 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
   port upgrade outdated
Warning: You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space.
ozzie:~ dave# port reclaim
--->  Checking for unnecessary unrequested ports
Error: reclaim failed: can't read "isrequested(adwaita-icon-theme)": no such element in array

So, WTF?

-- Dave