gnucash not finding dbus

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 15:19:44 UTC 2018

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 04:26, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 21:05, Lenore Horner wrote:
>
>> On Jun 11, 2018, at 17:57, Lenore Horner wrote:
>>
>>> gnucash is saying
>>> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
>>>
>>> but when I try to start dbus—session I get
>>> /opt/local/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist: service already loaded
>>>
>>> so why isn’t gnucash seeing it?
>>
>> No one else is seeing this behavior and no one has any clue how to fix it?
>
> Does unloading and then loading that plist help?

I tried that and now the plist can’t even be found.  I ended up uninstalling dbus and reinstalling and then loading (w/o sudo as currently advised).  I notice that we used to be told that dbus had created start-up items but they were not enabled by default.  Now we’re told start-up items were not created.  Does that mean I’ll have to re-issued the load commands for dbus every time I restart my computer now?
Thanks,
Lenore