gnucash not finding dbus

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jun 20 17:15:05 UTC 2018

Lenore Horner wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 2018, at 04:26, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> No one else is seeing this behavior and no one has any clue how to fix it?
>>
>> Does unloading and then loading that plist help?
>>
> I tried that and now the plist can’t even be found.  I ended up uninstalling dbus and reinstalling and then loading (w/o sudo as currently advised).  I notice that we used to be told that dbus had created start-up items but they were not enabled by default.  Now we’re told start-up items were not created.  Does that mean I’ll have to re-issued the load commands for dbus every time I restart my computer now?

Do you have startupitem_install set to 'no' in your macports.conf? That
will prevent symlinks to the plists being placed in
/Library/LaunchAgents or /Library/LaunchDaemons, and would be consistent
with your plist being loaded from /opt/local/Library/LaunchAgents. I'm
not sure how well things will persist across logouts and reboots with
that arrangement, but a user asked for it to be allowed, so it is as of 2.5.

'port notes dbus' says this for me:
dbus has the following notes:
  Startup items (named 'dbus-system, dbus-session') have been generated that
  will aid in starting dbus with launchd. They are disabled by default.
Execute
  the following command to start them, and to cause them to launch at
startup:

      sudo port load dbus

Running 'port load dbus' without sudo will skip loading dbus-system,
because it requires root privileges, but will load dbus-session for the
current user.

Running 'sudo port load dbus' will load dbus-system and will also load
dbus-session for the current user (determined from the $SUDO_USER
environment variable set by sudo).

If dbus is showing different notes for you, it's because your
configuration is different in some way.

- Josh