Advice on distributing a project

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 28 19:30:25 UTC 2018

On Jun 28, 2018, at 14:00, Langer, Stephen A. (Fed) wrote:

> It *is* rebuilding glib2 when I run "port mpkg oof3d".   I have -x11 +no_x11 +quartz in variants.conf, but glib2 is installed with +x11.   Is mpkg noticing that the installed variant isn't the default variant and thinking that it has to rebuild?

I remember that "port pkg" builds the port again and packages up the contents of the new destroot directory, rather than packaging the port that has already been installed. I'm not 100% sure why it does that. I don't know what "port mpkg" does but it wouldn't surprise me if it does the same thing. And if that's so, I can't think of a good way to pass a variant selection to only one of the dependencies. I guess the best solution would be to fix whatever's wrong with gtk2 that makes it not work with glib2's quartz variant.