running macports along with homebrew

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:34:37 UTC 2018

On 4 Mar 2018, at 05:16, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>    github.setup        author project HEAD
>    checksum {}

Thanks, Ken. I didn't think it'd be that easy. Only caveat is that it fails the livecheck and there's no way to correlate HEAD to a date. The commit could be read with 'git ls-remote --heads https://github.com/author/repo | cut -f 1'.

> MacPorts could easily incorporate this if it wanted to, but it's a specific decision not to allow it. You can use this on your own devel ports if you'd like to.

I know, but I don't see how HEAD is pragmatically that much different from the devel ports that use a hash+date instead.