Did anyone else's Perl 5.26 suddenly break?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Mar 8 01:28:13 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> In Dave's case, he's running a perl script and not building with a
> compiler - so it's not CPPFLAGS but rather @INC changes with perl 5.26
> that he's seeing.

Yeah, I saw that, but I worked it out.  Putting "#!/usr/bin/env perl -I."
as the shebang fixed it until/if/when I release the code, and "perl -c
-I." for my "make check" target in the [mM]akefile (and how I loathe the
Mac's file system and its stupid mixed-case handling).

> As always, changes are described in perldelta:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl-5.26.0/pod/perldelta.pod#Removal_of_the_current_directory_(".")_from_ at INC

Aha - all is now clear!  Was there actually a port note about it that I
missed?

About 20 years I've been writing Perl, and this was the first module that
I ever wrote, and then it suddenly broke...