Is there and "rdist" for Mac?

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:57:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:11:56 +0100, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org>
wrote:

> What should I be using now?
> Here's what I have so far, which bogs down in the build pretty early due
> to 20 year old weirdness, I guess….
> Hmmm...  I'll take a look, but if there's something a bit more modern
> then of course I'll use it.
> Basically I'm after three-way master replication i.e. any box can be the
> "master" at any arbitrary time, if that makes sense; develop on Mac,
> test on FreeBSD, see what the Penguin busted, and any can be the
> "master" at that time, pushing sources back to the others (but the Mac
> will be the ultimate repository, or it might be the FreeBSD server, etc).

if I understand your requirements right, maybe `unison'
(https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/, `port info unison') could be
the right tool. unison is much more suitable than rsync for such 2-(or 3-)
way syncs. and the (low traffic) `unison' mailing list is very
friendly/helpful in case of questions.

hth,
joerg