Installing gcc6 on a PPC Mac Mini 10.4 gives me hell

miniupnp miniupnp at free.fr
Wed Mar 21 18:23:16 UTC 2018

I'm one of the guys who run a 10.4 G4 "just because I can". Some call it
retro computing :)
I'm glad macports still supports it and try to help to fix things when a
port is not building on it.

but I'm not expecting the project to spend resources in building
binaries for this kind of system.
When I need something, I just launch the "port install" command before
going to bed and let the build take the time it takes.

It's quite fun to read exhortations to use upgrade to a more recent
system. I'm trying to imagine which hacker could spend time to exploit
Mac PPC machines to include them in a bitcoin mining botnet ;)
On the other hand, it is also fun to read message about someone afraid
of his hardware burned by a hours long macports build  :)

Regards