Installing gcc6 on a PPC Mac Mini 10.4 gives me hell

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Mar 21 18:29:46 UTC 2018

On Mar 21, 2018, at 2:23 PM, miniupnp <miniupnp at free.fr> wrote:
> It's quite fun to read exhortations to use upgrade to a more recent
> system. I'm trying to imagine which hacker could spend time to exploit
> Mac PPC machines to include them in a bitcoin mining botnet ;)

or DDOS or SPAM or other abusive behavior that makes it harder for others to utilize a shared resource.

but hey - at least you're having fun...

[It's possible to safely use old systems, but it's not trivial. The easiest way to keep that old hardware useful is to run an OS that is still being supported - it's unfortunate that Apple doesn't keep releasing security patches for older systems, but there's nothing that we can do about that].

--
Daniel J. Luke