How to resolve libstdc++.6.dylib dependency

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Sat Mar 24 12:35:38 UTC 2018

When I compile my C++11 project on a 10.5 PPC system using gcc6 and try to run it on another 10.5 PPC system that doesn't have gcc6 installed, I get an error that a symbol cannot be imported from /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib. I guess this is because the libstdc++.6.dylib that is shipped with 10.5 doesn't contain those new features required by C++11 programs.

So what is the recommended way of getting the libstdc++.6.dylib required by my program onto a user system? Of course I wouldn't like to bother users to install gcc6 from Mac Ports just to be able to run my program. Is there an easier way? Is the latest libstdc++ available as its own package in Mac Ports maybe or what is the suggested way of dealing with this?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andreas at falkenhahn.com