How to resolve libstdc++.6.dylib dependency

pagani laurent laurent.pagani at laposte.net
Sat Mar 24 13:01:40 UTC 2018

I don’t know much about these libraries but there exists a libstdc++.a library. No idea if it is different in content from the .6 one but if not, you could do a static link so that you don’t need any library for the users to run your program. Not sure it helps. The other solution is to try to find or build the libstdc++.6.a library yourself and perform a static link.

Laurent

> Le 24 mars 2018 à 13:35, Andreas Falkenhahn <andreas at falkenhahn.com> a écrit :
>
> When I compile my C++11 project on a 10.5 PPC system using gcc6 and try to run it on another 10.5 PPC system that doesn't have gcc6 installed, I get an error that a symbol cannot be imported from /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib. I guess this is because the libstdc++.6.dylib that is shipped with 10.5 doesn't contain those new features required by C++11 programs.
>
> So what is the recommended way of getting the libstdc++.6.dylib required by my program onto a user system? Of course I wouldn't like to bother users to install gcc6 from Mac Ports just to be able to run my program. Is there an easier way? Is the latest libstdc++ available as its own package in Mac Ports maybe or what is the suggested way of dealing with this?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andreas at falkenhahn.com

"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème" (devise Shadok)