Can not remove the new MacPorts Mojave package

Dr M J Carter Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 10:15:47 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 03:47:26PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Since it sounds like you have some kind of Heisenbug that disappears
> under later analysis, I'd suggest adding any analysis you can to the
> script you're running when it fails.

I'm attempting to do that, but with thin results so far.  I'll expand
the in-build test set from merely lsof on the Prefs directory (which
comes up empty)  Thanks for the suggestions.

> I'm not aware of any changes in MacPorts specific to Mojave that
> would relate to the handling of the home directory. So I think the
> bug you're investigating is a bug in macOS or Xcode, not MacPorts.

.... Possibly APFS? that test's pending an upcoming changearound of
hardware.

--
Dr Martin J Carter
Computer System Administrator