How Mojave-ready is MacPorts?

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:25:50 UTC 2018

On 11 Nov 2018, at 13:00, macports-users-request at lists.macports.org wrote:
> Message: 11
> Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 15:27:51 -0600
> From: Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
> To: Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org>
> Cc: MacPorts Users <macports-users at lists.macports.org>
> Subject: Re: How Mojave-ready is MacPorts?
>
> […]
> I'll probably need to write a script to pull all the failures out of the buildbot logs, since we don't have anything set up to do that yet. If there are ports you want to use, check whether any issues are filed against them in Trac before upgrading the OS.
> […]

Whatever you write, could you add it to macports-contrib? I thought myself to pull all failures to know beforehand if and what should/could be upgraded from time to time, but it remains in my todo. It's a missing feature of MacPorts, at least for those that build from source. Is this information available throught the JSON API [1]?

[1] https://build.macports.org/json/help