How Mojave-ready is MacPorts?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Nov 13 22:56:50 UTC 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I think you said before you weren't interested, but if you change your
> mind, or if anyone else is interested, if you Google "unsupported
> Mojave" you can find a method of installing Mojave on your MacBook6,1.
> Read the FAQ at the bottom of the page to learn what compromises that
> might entail.

I'll take a look, but I suspect it will be akin to shaving my head with a
cheese grater :-)  Thanks anyway.

> According to EveryMac.com, MacBook6,1 supports 8GB of RAM. No futzing
> would be required. Apple only supports RAM configurations that were
> available at the time the model was sold. If 4GB modules were not
> available in 2009, then they would not claim to support a total of 8GB
> of RAM. But according to EveryMac your Mac does work with that amount of
> RAM.

Not sure where I saw that reference (some Mac site - MacFixit or
something?) but they were pretty definitive about it.

Anyway, this thing is sick in so many ways that it probably isn't worth
upgrading; I was offered $100 for it (spare parts) at a Mac shop as a
trade-in.

-- Dave