gimp2 install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 16 09:02:19 UTC 2018

On Nov 15, 2018, at 19:14, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you thought, it is specific ASM stuff, so the typos are relative to a precise architecture only,
>
> On 2018-11-14 20:55:58 +0100 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Nov 14, 2018, at 11:17, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>>> I wonder if this will cause issues on my 10.5 at the next upgrade, since it is 32bit form me.. I'll see.
>> zstd and tiff built successfully on our 10.5 PowerPC builder. The problem may be specific to 32-bit Intel, or it may be specific to Snow Leopard.
>

> the previous patch was incomplete! Get this one... not just a backport, I had to fix the ASM stuff!
> I rock! Late in the night.. but this fixes 32bit intel.
>
> Riccardo
>
> <zstd-backport-fix-asm.patch>
> <zstd-backport-fix-asm.patch>

Thanks, well done.

The first patch was already applied upstream and is in 1.3.7; as I said we should update to that version.

https://github.com/facebook/zstd/commit/16bb8f1f9e8ec952458be9681a125d29627cdde9

I have submitted a PR to the developers to make the relevant part of the second change:

https://github.com/facebook/zstd/pull/1418

I will submit a PR to update our port to 1.3.7 and include that patch.