Anyone running X11 apps on Mojave?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 24 11:58:16 UTC 2018

>> On Nov 23, 2018, at 10:13 PM, Randolph M. Fritz <rmfritz3 at gmail.com <mailto:rmfritz3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> No, they don't. It's been open-sourced. Up to High Sierra, at least, it works. There hasn't been a formal release since two years ago October, so I'm wondering about Mojave.
>> --

Apple have not supported (i.e. shipped with the OS) X11 or Xquartz for some time now.

Note that the version of Xquartz from www.xquartz.com <http://www.xquartz.com/> is in fact just a packaging of the MacPorts version ! In fact, the maintainer of the Xquartz releases has stated that they may well no longer make releases there, and only maintain the MacPorts provided version (via the xorg-server port) going forward.

I have exclusively used the MacPorts port for a number of years now, and it works flawlessly, on all OSes including 10.14. I recommend switching to it, if you currently are running the Xquartz installer version.

Chris