10.14 Mojave

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Oct 1 22:59:17 UTC 2018

On Oct 1, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Michael Newman via macports-users <macports-users at lists.macports.org> wrote:
>> MacPorts, for the most part, works fine on macOS10.14 now.
>
> Does that mean that I can install Mojave and that installed ports will continue to run without my having to install a newer MacPorts from source and perform a migration?

Apple does a really good job with ABI compatibility between releases, so this is usually the case for any OS upgrade - however, you don't actually want to do that, and MacPorts is going to want to rebuild all of your installed ports after you upgrade the OS.

You're going to want to follow the migration instructions - https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

If you want to avoid building everything from source, you'll need to wait a bit (I don't think there's a Mojave build system set up yet, and even after it's set up it will probably take about a week for it to build all the packages it can build).

--
Daniel J. Luke