10.14 Mojave

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 2 06:50:13 UTC 2018

On Oct 1, 2018, at 17:59, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 6:25 PM, Michael Newman wrote:
>>> MacPorts, for the most part, works fine on macOS10.14 now.
>>
>> Does that mean that I can install Mojave

You can install Mojave, but bear in mind what I said previously on this list about waiting awhile for us to iron out the inevitable problems:

https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2018-September/045703.html

We have not yet published a MacPorts installer package for Mojave, and we have not yet worked out what changes we want to make to deal with the lack of 32-bit parts in the 10.14 SDK.

>> and that installed ports will continue to run without my having to install a newer MacPorts from source and perform a migration?

As with any new version of macOS, you should reinstall MacPorts and uninstall and reinstall (migrate) ports.

> If you want to avoid building everything from source, you'll need to wait a bit (I don't think there's a Mojave build system set up yet, and even after it's set up it will probably take about a week for it to build all the packages it can build).

The Mojave build worker is up and building, but yes it will take a long time to build enough ports.

https://build.macports.org/waterfall?tag=10.14