dosbox update?

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:31:07 UTC 2018

I’m ready to help with DOSBox, since I’ve dealt with it a lot through the years and am using MacPorts for other things and at least know how to read a port file. BUT for the snapshots I’m not using MacPorts but instead build a minimalistic prefix for the snapshots I am doing (Exult, Pentagram, Nuvie, Xu4, DOSBox) and am using a bash script. All that on an old MacMini that I’m using as a buildbot when new code is committed to those projects :)

The 0.74-2 release of DOSBox does not need any of the previous patches. Qbix (main developer of DOSBox) looked over the MacPorts patches.

As I’m writing this while your new replies came in, your port file looks good and ready.

Forcing a 64bit build is likely the best because easiest, unless a SDK trick becomes available. Either way we only have a one year grace period anyway.

As for building with older SDK and make it work on newer OSX versions is what I am doing for years now. Mix matching binaries with arches built against different SDKs did not pose any problem. I’m still build for ppc on 10.13 through a copy of Xcode 3 n my hard drive.

The other emulators just need to find a way to speed up their 64bit code somehow, or we are out of luck next year :(

Dom