port not installing

M P mzp3769 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:48:13 UTC 2018

Do you think cleaning up directories like below will help?

$ *sudo port -fp uninstall installed*

followed by

$ *sudo rm -rf \
        /opt/local \
        /Applications/DarwinPorts \
        /Applications/MacPorts \
        /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.* \
        /Library/Receipts/DarwinPorts*.pkg \
        /Library/Receipts/MacPorts*.pkg \
        /Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup \
        /Library/Tcl/darwinports1.0 \
        /Library/Tcl/macports1.0 \ *

*        ~/.macports*