TeXLive distribution and macports

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sun Sep 9 14:46:38 UTC 2018

> If I understand what you are asking correctly, you are asking how to
> setup a port that does nothing other than depend on other ports, so
> installing it drags in all the dependencies, in one go?

No, I want the opposite.  For example, I want to create a replacement
for `texlive-basic' that does nothing except fulfilling the
dependency.  This is, after installing this dummy `texlive-basic',
`port' shall believe that `texlive-basic' is indeed installed.

Ditto for all other `texlive-*' ports.  Ideally, I would like to have
all this stuff in a single file, to be automatically created from the
actual list of `texlive-*' ports as in texlive-dummy-opensuse,
cf. https://github.com/rolfn/texlive-dummy-opensuse/blob/ba0bc1e2f866c379f750046439b6f4e40725805f/Makefile#L61
and following lines.

> If so we have plenty of these in MacPorts.  [...]

Thanks; I've already seen such meta-packages.  One of them is actually
`texlive' itself :-)

    Werner