TeXLive distribution and macports

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 9 15:23:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

Then I am not sure what you intention here is.

Note that MacPorts has a policy of not using external libraries, as far as possible (apart from obvious system ones) so if you aim is to have a port that basically allows something externally externally to pretend to be something MacPorts provides, then no this is strictly not allowed. See for instance

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs>

its the same deal as why we do not support using anything installed outside of MacPorts, from /usr/local

cheers Chris