How To Recover From Firewall Putting HTML In A Port's Source Filename?

Mike Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:21:00 UTC 2018

Taco Bell's firewall blocks "Downloads and Freeware".  I contemplated
explaining the difference between freeware and Open Source to the
manager, but realized I was still hungry.  Having blown the last of my
cash on a Beefy 5-Layer Burrito, I came home and made a grilled
cheese.

It was good.  Observe:

   $ file /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/p7zip/p7zip_16.02_src_all.tar.bz2.html
   /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/p7zip/p7zip_16.02_src_all.tar.bz2.html:
HTML document text, UTF-8 Unicode text

   $ sudo port uninstall p7zip
   $ sudo port install p7zip

--->  Verifying checksums for p7zip

Error: Failed to checksum p7zip: p7zip_16.02_src_all.tar.bz2 does not
exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/p7zip

Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_archivers_p7zip/p7zip/main.log
for details.

Error: Follow https://guide.macports.or

How to recover?   TNAX! -- Mike

--
Mike Crawford, Consulting Software Engineer
Portland Custom Software Development
mdcrawford at gmail.com

     Soggy Jobs Is Hiring!
     Now accepting applications for interviews starting March 12, 2019
with April 8 start date.
     http://soggy.jobs/crowdfunding/2018/08/21/