Installation of Macports appears to be corrupted.

Anand Pathak Sharma anand at p-c.io
Sat Sep 29 02:10:31 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

I cannot figure out what and how happened to cause this issue but today,
out of the perceived blue, I found that my local nginx/mysql servers
installed via macports have stopped working. I have a feeling this may
be related to the user/group ownership of the files in question.

I tried uninstalling Nginx then re-installing it and received the
following error:

    /Error: Unable to execute port: Could not open file:
    /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/www/nginx/Portfile/

On a whim, I tried doing the same for another port and received the same
message:

    /Error: Unable to execute port: Could not open file:
    /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/php/php-timezonedb/Portfile/

I moved into the directory,
"/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports"
and checked the ownership of the files in it and they are set to:

    /root:rvm/

When viewing the ownership of macport files in parent directories, I see
that they are set to:

    /root:admin/

This inconsistency makes me feel that somehow ownership has changed and
caused these issues.

I'd greatly appreciate some assistance with working out this matter.

Many thanks!