Installation of Macports appears to be corrupted.

Anand Sharma anand at p-c.io
Sat Sep 29 06:14:37 UTC 2018

Hi! Thanks for your assistance!

This was indeed the problem. Walking from root onwards to:

/opt/local/var/macports/sources

I discovered that:

/opt/local

somehow over the course over the last few days had its permissions set to:

rwxr-x---

Changing this to:

rwxr-xr-x

Fixed the problem.

I hope this information helps someone in the future!

That is, if you experience this issue, "Error: Unable to execute port:
Could not open file:..." that it may well be caused by permissions for
others have been removed.

Thanks again!