Wireshark, Qt5 and El Capitan

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Sat Apr 20 22:30:44 UTC 2019

I've got a Mac mini running El Capitan 10.11.6.  I've held the OS back
because I have a FireWire audio interface on it and FireWire is
deprecated in more recent OSes.

I am having a problem with my Blu-ray player not recognizing NFS shares
on the same Mac mini.  I went to install Wireshark to debug the NFS
traffic but it won't install because the current "qt5-qtbase" port is
only for Sierra or newer:

--
Mac-mini:~ admin$ sudo port install qt5-qtbase
--->  Computing dependencies for qt5-qtbase

Is there any way to build/install an older Wireshark/Qt5 port combo that
will still work on El Capitan?

My impression of MacPorts has always been that you can only
build/install whatever port happens to be installed after you last did a
"port self update".  I can't really risk going to Sierra and have this
audio interface stop working.  :-/

		- Greg