Is there yet a clean way to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.1?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Apr 23 02:33:41 UTC 2019

On Apr 18, 2019, at 5:05 PM, Bill Cole <macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
> Is there some approach that I'm not seeing to build against the new version while leaving services that use the old version (and spawn worker children while running) up and functional?

I think your best bet is to wait for that PR to be merged, and then wait a little longer for binaries to be built for all of the other services that you have running - then your potential downtime for each service should be pretty short.

You could, of course, replicate what the build infrastructure does if you don't want to be patient (but it would probably be a better use of your time to help out with testing the PR and getting everything ready for it to just be merged).

--
Daniel J. Luke