Wireshark, Qt5 and El Capitan

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Mon Apr 22 11:42:39 UTC 2019

On 21 Apr 2019, at 06:37:08 +0100, Christopher Jones
<jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Just to finish up, as the fix seemed trivial (us the PG to set the
> deps)
> I have pushed an update doing just this.  So update and try again.

Thanks Chris (and to everyone else who responded), that worked a treat -
the port builds and installs.

But when I go to run it and start a capture, I get a pop-up error saying

--
The capture session could not be initiated
on interface 'en0' (You don't have

Please check to make sure you have sufficient
permissions.

If you installed Wireshark using the package from
wireshark.org, Try re-installing it and checking the box
for the "Set capture permissions on startup" item.
--

This happens even if I do a

sudo open /Applications/MacPorts/Wireshark.app

I have to log in as "root" to have it work, which I don't have to do
with my Macs that run Sierra and the 'normal' Qt5 Wireshark.

		- Greg