MacPorts and Anaconda

Fielding, Eric J (US 329A) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 12 05:55:09 UTC 2019

I saw the discussion the last few days about the problems with using both HomeBrew and MacPorts on the same system. I was wondering about problems with using MacPorts and Anaconda to install different packages. I have been using MacPorts for a long time with few problems, but sometimes I need newer versions of Python packages or I need to install something that is available as a conda package. It seems that Anaconda is specifically designed to keep separate copies of the things it needs and switch between environments, so I assume that there should be fewer problems with MacPorts than using something like HomeBrew.

Thanks,
                ++Eric
Pasadena, California