What am I forgetting?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Tue Aug 13 13:24:49 UTC 2019

On 13 Aug 2019, at 13:25, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 10:25, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>>
>> I have my own cloud git directory tree
>> I cd to $thattree/net/unbound
>> I edit the Portfile (startupitem), set revision to 1 (there was no revision)
>> I run sudo port install unbound
>> It is not built and installed as nothing has changed (but there has)
>>
>> What am I forgetting?
>>

>> Did you add your local git checkout to configuration as your local
>> repository with higher preference?
>>   https://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.local-repositories.html
>> Check this with
>>   port dir unbound
>>

>> I did edit sources.conf. It contains:
>>
>> file:///Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev
>> rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>>
>> But whatever is in there, port dir unbound gets met the standard repository.
>>
>> Albus:nsd sysbh$ port dir unbound
>> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports/net/unbound
>>
>> So, als with
>>
>> file:///Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port
>> rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>
> Later in the mail you reference "macports-port" with "macports-ports"
> instead. Which one is it?

The correct one, typo in mail.

> Also, you need to run "portindex" inside of macports-ports. Just in
> case that you didn't do it already.

That was it. It was on the manual page for local repositories, but this directory tree was created using git via https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit> where portindex is not mentioned and I was following instructions there when I created the ‘dev’ tree.

I ran portindex. Since I created a git clone there, that resulted in

Total number of ports parsed:	21661
Ports successfully parsed:	21661
Ports failed:			0
Up-to-date ports skipped:	0

And all the ports are now the ones in my git clone. That is not what I want. Preferably, I would want all the ports to be the default ones, except for the ones I’m working on myself. Is that possible? And how do I get there from the situation I’m in now?

My guess would be:
- re-run portindex in the official tree /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports
- run portindex in de nsd and unbound subdirectories of /Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port

Correct?