What am I forgetting?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 13:31:14 UTC 2019

> And all the ports are now the ones in my git clone. That is not what I
> want. Preferably, I would want all the ports to be the default ones,
> except for the ones I’m working on myself. Is that possible? And how do
> I get there from the situation I’m in now?
>
> My guess would be:
> - re-run portindex in the official
> tree /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports
> <http://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports>
> - run portindex in de nsd and unbound subdirectories of
> /Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port
>
> Correct?

If /Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port is a complete clone of the
ports tree, then you cannot avoid portindex being complete for it.

In practise though, this is really not an issue. When you first ran
portindex it likely took a while, but that is only because it had to
index every port that first time. Subsequent runs will be a lot faster
as only the changed ports will be indexed.

Likewise, working with /Users/sysbh/MacPortsDev/macports-port with git
will be a LOT simplier if it is a complete git clone.

So, my recommendation. Stick with what you have now.

Chris