Is it possible to influence at what UID MacPorts start to create users?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 16 23:36:01 UTC 2019

On Aug 16, 2019, at 01:31, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> So, what I need is build macports from source if I want to change this behaviour?

Yes... the MIN_USABLE_UID / MIN_USABLE_GID configure script variables are referenced in src/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.c, which gets compiled into a library, which gets loaded by MacPorts. To change those values, the library will have to be recompiled. You can either change the values in the configure script before you run it (or in the configure.ac file, and then regenerate the configure script by using autoreconf), or else you can edit the values in the src/config.h file after you run configure.

There may be a way to influence the values of these variables by passing autoconf variables as flags to the configure script when you run it, but in a brief test I was not able to find it.