[libgcc8] compile failure on i386 on 10.6 Snow

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 12:36:13 UTC 2019

On 27/08/2019 1:31 pm, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> that is a 32 bit error that is usually suppressed by passing "-read_only_relocs suppress"' to the linker, IIRC.
>
> Why are you seeing it, though, I wonder?
>
> I don't think anyone has likely tried to build libgcc8 32bit on 10.6.8 with clang-8.0...

My guess is the use of clang 8.0 is something new, and probably related
to the recent changes to support libc++ etc. in base 2.6.0...

> Why don't you try it with clang-3.9....

Certainly interesting to know if that (still) works, but ultimately this
compiler will be removed (it already was, but temporarily put back
pending the new base release). So longer term the issues with the new
clang needs to be resolved.

Chris