Something deleting /tmp/.X11-unix

Gregory Seidman gsslist+macports at anthropohedron.net
Wed Aug 28 21:46:27 UTC 2019

I recently switched to using a MacPorts-installed xorg-server instead of
downloading XQuartz separately; while I don't know if this issue is
related, I didn't have the problem before switching. Since then I've
noticed that after some number of days I can no longer make connections to
the X server, though current connections are fine. I tracked it down to
/tmp/.X11-unix going missing. I have since taken to moving /tmp/.X11-unix
to /var/tmp/.X11-unix and leaving a symlink in /tmp, but that hasn't
stopped the symlink from being removed. I can relink and everything is
fine, but I'd really like to know why it keeps getting removed.

Can anyone offer any insight?

--Greg