Something deleting /tmp/.X11-unix

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Wed Aug 28 22:45:54 UTC 2019

I'm sure someone familiar with this can provide a better explanation, but it's true that tmp (temporary) files are routinely deleted, either during the installation process or macOS after a week or so. Normally items in that area are either only needed by the installation process or downloaded there and then moved to their final location during installation. I would have to conclude that either something went wrong during installation or there is a step missing in a post-install script.

-Al-