smtube -- useful little youtube browser.

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sat Feb 2 17:44:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 2/2/19 5:01 PM, Uli Wienands wrote:

> Next step is that gnutls does not want to build. I get a message about
> it cannot build with autoconf-archive being active. I'll have to put
> this down for now as some real work needs to get done first.

I have received a similar message, I deactivated it as requested and had
no particular issuesl

> Ryan suggested I file a bug report, unfortunately none of my browsers
> on this 10.6.8 system work with Github so that has to wait until I get
> back to my more modern machine.

a little of topic, but it is indeed an issue. The best choices you have
on 10.6.8 are

- TenFourFox Intel (some sort of side-project of me and Ken)

- ArcticFox (mostly my toy and Matt, a fork of PaleMoon 27

TFF is slighly more modern in features, but is geared for 10.4 so on
10.6 you have minor nuiseances, also I was not able to fix JIT on Intel,
if you want to help... could prove useful

Both are good enough to use track, google.. especially ArcticFox is
capable of going on Facebook even, ebay... very nice!

However, GitHub is a bad beast to crack: recent changes broke things
(oh.. since it is Microsoft owned?) so with these
semi-vintage-but-updated-browsers some things do not work well. E.g I
think you can open an Issue, browse changes, but e.g. comments are
unusable, large diffs do not load fully and other annoying things which
increase day after day.

Help appreciated, if you do love 10.6 and 10.7... (and 10.5 soon,
hopefully).

Riccardo